Monday, August 20, 2012

A note to our Stonington Road neighbors


***This is a note that I emailed this morning to several neighbors.  If you did not receive this note, I do not have your email address.  Please send me a note through the "comments" section if you would like to get on the distribution list.  Thomas****

Good morning all,

After watching too many cars barrel through our stop sign at breakneck speeds, I have decided to do something.  I have started the process of requesting that the City of Dunwoody explore traffic calming measures for Stonington Road.  The first step is securing signatures on the “Initial Interest” form, which simply is the City’s way of ensuring that there is enough interest in beginning the traffic study. 

My rough calculations indicate that there would be 36 affected homes abutting Stonington Road, which would mean that we need the signatures of 8 families to begin the study process.  I am emailing this group to let you know that I have started the signature gathering process, and am seeking your support.  I hope to reach out to our other neighbors shortly (likely in person, since I do not have their emails), but I wanted to let you know of the effort underway.

I have also launched a blog that will detail the A-to-Z journey of navigating this process, so that other portions of our neighborhood may benefit, and hopefully avoid any issues that we encounter.  The blog is http://dunwoodytraffic.blogspot.com/, and will include all of my correspondence with the city, as well as notes about where in the process we currently find ourselves.

What I am asking for at this time is twofold:

1)   Please help the effort by endorsing a study.  There is no actual course of action created by the study, but simply knowledge of the scope of our issues.  I will be happy to bring the petition to your home at a time of convenience for you.
2)   Please share this effort with your Stonington neighbors.  We will need 70% support to enact any solution once the studies are done.  This represents approximately 26 households.

Thank you for your support, and if I can answer any questions, please let me know.

Thomas O’Brien
4260 Huntington Circle
Dunwoody, Georgia 30338
6**-592-8262

Cc:         Councilman John Heneghan
DNCA President Gerri Penn

No comments:

Post a Comment